Monday, May 14, 2012

[AN] From the Ashes- Chapter 2

Hello everyone!

So if you are here, that means that in some capacity you are interested in my fan-fiction From the Ashes. It continues the story of my other story, A Little Ship Lost in Space. Please read that before reading this one. Thanks!

Before I start with chapter 2, I want to answer some of the reviews from the previous chapter.
Anonymous writes:
well done, the inclusion of the nightmare was interesting, but you did refer to Shepard as She once.
Well anonymous I will check out that mistake of mine, thanks for pointing it out! As for the nightmare, yes this is very important. Shepard still has some demons to fight. Sorry but the second chapter will only lead to more questions. Chapter 3 is where you will start getting some answers.

chrizzle88 writes:
I like the path you're taking with Shepard's inner strife with the boy. Not many bring it up in ending or post ending stories and I'm interested to see how you incorporate it.
Thank you! I always feel how Shepard is so underdeveloped in the Mass Effect saga (kinda has to be though), that I always want to give him the TLC when I can. This is obviously one of those times. Even with the Reapers gone, the boy still seems to be there. Well Shepard is in for a nasty surprise let me tell you that.

Now onto my author's notes:
In chapter 2 the reconstruction of Vancouver takes side stage as work starts on cleaning up the city. This story mainly highlights the internal struggle of Shepard and the little boy, still present in his dreams and mind.
A point I want to drive home in this chapter is one prevalent in all of Mass Effect: You can't do anything alone. Just think, Shepard did a lot, but he never could have gotten as far as he could without help from his friends. Since this is one of the main underlying themes of the whole game series, I felt that I should include it in my fan-fic series.
With respect to reconstruction, there is one very big thing that happens in chapter two, but I'll leave you guys to read that.

I don't really want to spoil that much, so later I will post something else that goes more in depth to chapter 2.
 I love comments people! Hope you enjoy the story!

NotCras

No comments:

Post a Comment